1) For something a little different, head to the Foreshore Market this Saturday from 8am until 1pm (weather permitting). Nestled on the waterfront at Westport Park you'll find handmade arts and crafts and a diverse mix of other stalls from gourmet foods, locally grown produce, flowers, clothing (including vintage) and handmade jewellery.
2) Who doesn't love pancakes?? The Pancake Place is an iconic part of the Port Macquarie landscape and has been operating in the same spot for almost 30 years! In that time their menu has evolved to where it is today - a delicious range of pancakes and crepes to suit all palates. Open for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
3) Take a trip to Benwerrin Bamboo Nursery in the Lorne Valley, just 12 minutes off the Highway. They specialise in non-invasive clumping varieties for privacy, screening, hedges, ornamentals, windbreaks, erosion control, timber and bamboo shoots for food. Open most days and bookings are essential. Contact Sandra on 0429 987 338.
4) On Saturday evening, enjoy the most of the daylight savings and grab your picnic blanket, the kids and a bottle of vino and head to the Twilight Food Market at Town Beach Park (5pm until 9pm weather permitting).
5) Stock up for the week and get all of your essential cooking ingredients for cuisines from all four corners of the globe at Gourmand Ingredients. The hardest decision will be, which recipes will you be cooking this week?
6) Take a break at North Haven Takeaway + Cafe and grab a bite to eat or enjoy a nice cup of Holy Goat coffee. With a park and picnic area opposite and the waterfront nearby, this surf themed cafe offers a great choice of burgers, fresh beer battered chips, homemade hand cut scallops, fresh sandwiches and mouthwatering wraps. Cool down with a scoop of ice cream - 24 flavours to choose from.
7) Be pampered and book some well deserved me time at Aqua Vitae Day Spa. Their highly trained therapists offer massages, facials, body treatments and more. With the subtle aroma of therapeutic scents and soothing relaxtion music, you will breathe a sigh of relief just by walking in the door! (Open 6 days Monday to Saturday)
8) Just like you, the team at Botanic Wine Garden dream of ditching work to sip rose in the park and of hot summer nights all year long. This is a place to celebrate life with what they know best - food and drink. Sophisticated relaxed dining with meticulously selected wines...you simply can't go wrong!
Pick up a copy of our latest free discover magazine locally or keep surfing on our website for more details:
|Tags: Things to Do Family Fun and Adventure Camden Haven Eating and Drinking|