Put a smile on your Dad's dial this Father's Day
Dads deserve to feel spoilt and special too right? Here are 10 awesome ways to make sure Dad feels special this Father's Day:
1) Let's be honest, most Dads love a good pampering just as much as mums don't they? Make Dad feel special and book him in for a 'Mankind' treatment at Port Macquarie Day Spa. He will enjoy a revitalising soak in their hydrotherapy spa followed by a renewal massage to soothe away any aches and pains, then finish with a relaxing warm oil scalp massage. Your Dad will be good as new!
2) Enjoy a Father's Day Feast at Blue Water Bar & Restaurant - For $35 he'll get a mixed plate of American style pork spare ribs with plum sauce, spicy buffalo wings, and beer battered onion rings. Wash it down with $5 Great Northern schooners all day - certainly a meal fit for a king!
3) Struggling for some gift ideas? Why not check out Inner Vision Surf N Skate for some awesome Father's Day gifts. They've got their famous Inno Tees, hats, shoes, surfboards, skateboards, scooters, boardies plus so much more. The perfect remedy to make your Dad look and feel cool again!
4) Is your Dad an avid angler? Give him the ultimate fishing experience and book a fishing tour with Port Macquarie Fishing Charters - with any luck you'll have dinner sorted too!
5) Does your Dad appreciate a good vino? Why not take him to Long Point Vineyard & Art Gallery and sample some amazing wines as well as their famous Jolly Nose Port or alcoholic Ginger Beer.
Or if beer is more his choice, check out the Black Duck Brewery & Bar for a relaxed funky atmosphere to try a tasting paddle with him.
6) Adventure loving Dad? For the ultimate experience, pack the 4WD with all Dad's favourite gear and food, and drive along one of the many 4WD approved beaches (photo below taken at Diamond Head). Be sure to check the tides and grab your beach driving permit before you go.
7) Is your Dad a golfer? Take him out for 9 or 18 holes then treat your Dad to a juicy steak for lunch or dinner at the Aspire Restaurant at Port Macquarie Golf Club.
8) If you really want to get into his good books, reserve at table for lunch or dinner at The Whalebone Wharf - Port Macquarie's absolute waterfront dining experience. For over 40 years this iconic Port Macquarie landmark has been offering the finest culinary experience. To really up the ante, arrive in style by seaplane with Port Macquarie Seaplanes!
9) For Dad's who love a good cook up - grab some BBQ essentials from Waniora Village Butchery and head to one of the many outdoor BBQ sites along our beautiful coast. It always tastes better when you cook in the fresh air!
10) And lastly, what if you can't physically visit with your Dad on Father's Day? The technology of video calls has improved so much over the last few years and with so many options like FaceTime, Skype, What's App etc, having a face-to-face chat online is easier than ever. Also, the memory you'll keep from that chat will be surprisingly similar to if you actually had a sit down visit with him.
Need some more inspiration?
Pick up a copy of our latest free discover magazine locally (look out for the stunning whale at sunset on the cover by local photographer Jodie Lowe):
|Tags: Things to Do Coastal Lifestyle Eating and Drinking Discover Blog|